GATE: Gifted And Talented Education
Sherman Oaks Elementary Charter provides programs to meet the differentiated instructional needs of gifted and talented (GATE) students. These instructional programs are designed to improve educational options and increase professional training to support the development of gifted and talented youth.
Please click on this link to our GATE grade level differentiation plan.
Any parent may contact Susan Eden, our Gifted Coordinator, through the office with any questions.
Conservatory of Fine Arts
The Conservatory of Fine Arts program is:
- A 19-week Saturday morning instructional program that runs from October through April
- Taught by District personnel, as well as selected arts professionals
- Aligned to the California Visual and Performing Arts Framework, which addresses the arts and college/career readiness standards
- Offered at California State University, Los Angeles (no transportation provided)
- Open to students attending LAUSD schools in grades 3-12 who have been “identified” in the talent areas or have been recommended by their schools of attendance
An invitation to apply was sent via U.S. Postal Service to students identified gifted/talented in the arts (dance, drama, voice, or visual arts). Students identified gifted/talented in the arts have priority placement in the program. Students who participated in the Conservatory last year have already received notification to continue their enrollment. Continuing students have second priority placement.
All other District students in grades 3-12 who demonstrate potential, but are not yet identified as gifted/talented in the arts, are welcome to apply. New, non-identified students will be admitted to the program by lottery as space is available.
Please direct any questions about the Conservatory of Fine Arts to Dr. Nicole Niederdeppe, District Coordinator at (213) 241-6500 or email@example.com.
Advanced Learning Options
Division of Instruction