Paws and Go
Sherman Oaks implements, through parent volunteers, a school valet drop off program. In the interest of student safety we have a drop off lane in front of the school on Greenleaf St. and at the back of the school on Dickens St. There is an entry point and an exit point. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DRIVE TO THE END OF THE DROP-OFF POINT TO AVOID TRAFFIC JAMS ON THE STREET. This provides safety and helps expedite the drop-off procedure. Parent Volunteers and/or employees will be available to open doors for students.
In order for this program to be successful, we ask that you help us by following these guidelines:
- Have your children ready to be let out on the curbside only
- Backpacks and jackets should be on the students' lap
- All administrative things should be done prior to entering the drop-off lane, i.e. homework signed, lunch, etc.
- Please pull all the way up
- Parents - Please do not exit the car
- Please pick up students on the school side of the street only! If your child is not at the curb when you arrive do not double park and do not ask your child to cross the street in the middle of the block to meet you! This is a deadly practice and it will not be allowed!
- Please respect the bus zones. We have several students that ride the bus to and from school and it is difficult for bus driver to maneuver around illegally parked cars.
- No U-turns, Speed Limit is 25, obey No Parking and Loading Zones
- Be Respectful of our neighbors and do not block driveways
If you would like to volunteer for stop drop and roll please email: email@example.com
Volunteers are always needed to help staff Stop, Drop, and Roll. Volunteering is easy and fun. It is also a great way to help out our entire school and to meet other parents and students. Simply show up at your scheduled gate at 7:30 a.m., put out the cones, and begin opening car doors to greet our students with a smile. The cones are put away at 8:00 a.m. and your shift is complete. Adding your name to the substitution list allows you to accept a shift or not when the need arises, depending on your schedule.
Please email Louella at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the volunteer or substitution list or with any questions.