Volunteering at SOEC is a rewarding experience……..
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom. Talk with your child’s teacher to see how and when you can best help out in the classroom. Volunteers can work in the classroom or on select projects at home. All in-classroom volunteers need to complete Tier III Volunteer Clearance.
- Room Parent- If you are interested in being a room parent for your child’s classroom, contact Dana Terra Simmons or Nancy Kim on ParentSquare
- Complete Online Volunteer Form
*Volunteers must complete all Tier III Requirements on LAUSD's Volunteer Application, Part A (Attachment A) online at: LAUSD Volunteer Home Page
Print out a hard copy of the completed Volunteer Application and Volunteer Commitment Form and submit to the main office.
- Paws and Go – SOEC implements a school valet drop off program. Each classroom is assigned Paws and Go Curbside Valet duties one to two weeks per school year.
- ANY parent CAN sign up to volunteer even if it’s not your class’s turn
- School Beautification – We host several campus clean parties through out the year. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve our Campus with projects, such as, painting murals, gardening, and recycling to name just a few. Volunteers are always needed. If you would like to get involved click here: SchoolBeautification
- Fundraising Events – With the funds raised we are able to provide our students with the following enrichment programs – media lab, science lab, music, art, dance, robotics and the garden ranger. If you would like to get involved click here: fundraising events
- Community Events – focus on community building events and hands on community service opportunities, such as, Jump Rope for Heart, Holiday Baskets, Talent Show and more. The monies go to the student body to help fund field trips, award incentives, school assemblies to name a few. If you would like to get involved click here: community events
- Advisory Committees – As a LAUSD affiliated charter school, SOEC has a Governance Council , which manages policies and procedures. The Council has established several advisory committees. These committees allows broader participation by giving all stakeholders the opportunity to contribute, research, and make recommendations to our school Council. If you would like to get involved click here: Advisory Committees
No matter what your interests or expertise, your presence alone will provide a great help as well as show your kids how much you care. We will do whatever we can to assist you in making a difference in your child’s experience.