CODE OF CONDUCT
Good discipline includes a responsibility for one's actions in accordance with socially accepted behavior as well as respect and proper response to rules, laws and order. Although discipline training begins in the home and continues in school, it must be remembered that other factors of environment and associations have significant influence upon the behavior of students. Therefore, it is imperative that both school and home cooperate to govern or guide young people to combat undesirable effects of the factors.
For the safety of the students, we have standards that are to be followed by all students while on the school grounds. They are: BE SAFE, BE RESPECTFUL, BE RESPONSIBLE. Children will have an opportunity to receive prizes every week for following the rules.
The following are additional guidelines that need to be adhered to:
- Kindness an aspect are to be shown towards all people at all times
- Personal items, (i.e. soccer/football, spinners, etc) and toys of any kind, may not be brought from home.
- Fighting is prohibited
- Inappropriate language is not to be used
- Walking is expected on the blacktop unless one is involved in organized games
- Bicycles or skateboards must not be ridden on school grounds or sidewalks
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Gum and candy are prohibited
- Cellphones are to be turned of during the school day and main in student's backpack
- Cellphones may be turned on after school but are to remain in student's backpack
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated, including cyberbullying
- No weapons of any kind